Students Evacuated from West Frankfort School

Students and staff at Frankfort Community High School had a scare Friday when smoke began pouring through the building.  Reports say students and faculty made it safely out of the building in what the fire chief said was a fire emergency.

Emergency crews responded to the school where the West Frankfort Fire Chief said a HVAC unit on the second floor was the source of the smoke that spread throughout the building.

The smoke was eventually cleared from the building, with students allowed back in class.